Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What Can I Say But the Abbreviated and Highly Edited Truth

First off, I want to state this:

Tumblr has a page for EVERYTHING.

Seriously. Anything you could imagine, I'm pretty sure Tumblr has it. And if they don't, give them five minutes. They'll get right on that shit. Cracked.com even has a post about the random pages of Tumblr.

Second, what led me to the Tumblr revelation which wasn't really a revelation but more so a re-establishing of past precedence that I had forgotten, I stumbled across this Lit Quotes page, which has kind of captured my heart. There was one quote that, for not any exact and apparent reason, clicked with me tonight.

I hadn’t realized how much I’d been needing to meet someone I might be able to say everything to.
-Talk Before Sleep, Elizabeth Berg

I think it stuck with me because it gets to the heart of the truth. It's something that's so basic, but it ends up completely buried and you don't realize this want, this need, until you've come face to face with a situation where it might be possible. What I do know is that this desire is certainly the basis for a ton of fiction, not just of the romance persuasion.

My third and final thought:

Hell's Kitchen is horribly addictive and I just need to learn self-control.

Anyway, here's to a short and, hopefully, productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment