Saturday, May 18, 2013

Welcome to Sanditon

I don't know if you were like me and found yourself swept up in the wave of amazingness and addiction that was The Lizzie Bennett Diaries. I might have come late to the game, but I definitely lost my fair share of time devouring their YouTube videos. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click that link and be prepared to lose your entire weekend. I'll wait. Terrific, wasn't it? Anyway, the talented group that brought you the black hole of time-wasting that is the modern day video adaptation of Jane Austin's "Pride and Prejudice" have now started their new project, Welcome to Sanditon. It's based on the unfinished novel "Sandition" by the one and only Jane Austin. Here's the recap, directly from their webpage:

Welcome To Sanditon is a modern multiplatform adaptation of Jane Austen’s unfinished novel “Sanditon.” The series was created by Jay Bushman and Margaret Dunlap, and is produced by the team that created the hit series The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
Welcome To Sanditon relocates the action from the English seaside to a California beach town, and replaces the novel’s protagonist with LBD’s Gigi Darcy.
Gigi has come to Sanditon, CA to run a beta demo of the Pemberley Digital Domino application. The residents of Sanditon have all been invited to join in the test, and discover how this “life-revealing” app performs.
And you will get a chance to play a resident of the town.

I know I loved Gigi in LBD and can't wait to see more of her and her story in WtS. This is definitely going to be my new black hole of time-waste addiction.They currently have three videos up on their YouTube page, one of which I've included below, so be sure to check out the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment